Binding tube's ease of use, flexibility and strength make binding tube a great way for tying trees to support canes or stakes to ensure straight tree growth. Binding tube also allows trees to grow freely without constriction or ingrowth. Thus creating a great solution for tying to trees or branches.
VERDURA® biodegradable binding tube works just like the plastic (PVC) binding tube. With the same flexibility, strength and ease to use the biodegradable binding tube offers two other advantages. VERDURA® biodegradable binding tube is made of a compound which degrade in the environment. This means that tree growers don't have to pick the binding tube off the ground saving on labor and obviating waste in the environment.
VERDURA® binding tube ensures your trees will grow without ingrowth or constricting the tree. The VERDURA® biodegradable binding tube will fall off after an estimated time of 2-3 years.
- Environmentally friendly material: no use of hazardous chemicals.
- Comparable tensile strength to PVC tube.
- Biodegradable; no more reclaiming of solid waste due to natural degradation.
- Environmental benefit; no more PVC in the field.
- Cost savings on waste.
- Cost savings on labour.
- Less tedious and repetitive labour.
- A calculation (based on Dutch methods and costs) shows that the higher price of the
VERDURA® binding tube can be compensated by cost savings on waste and labour.
50 - 200 m cardboard spools (3 and 4 mm)
350 - 800 m wooden reels (4 to 7 mm)