Traditionally tree trunk protectors are made of PVC. The plastic tree guards need to be removed manually after 3-4 years, because it will otherwise generate waste in the environment. Thanks to EcoXtrusions innovativeness we now have VERDURA® biodegradable tree protectors. The VERDURA® tree protectors hereby saves costs on waste and labour to remove the plastic tree guards.
A spiral tree guards is a wrap that protects young vulnerable trees the first key years against mouse, rabbit, hare and other rodent damage. Traditionally it is made of PVC. These plastic protectors have to be removed manuel from the plants after a few years. They have to be reclaimed to leave no solid waste in the environment. Due to recent innovations we now can present the VERDURA® tree protector from a starch based bioplastic. Environment friendly, degradable and therewith cost saving on labour and waste.
- Degradable: the starch based bioplastic is biodegradable under natural conditions. In final stage to biomass, carbon and water.
- No waste: no reclaiming and disposal of the VERDURA® tree protector needed due to natural degradation. This implies substantial cost cutting.
- Environment friendly: no use of hazardous chemicals as with PVC.
- Climate Change friendly: production of the VERDURA® tree protector requires 65% less energy.
- Renewable: no depletion of fossil resources but based on renewable starch.
- No food competition: starch based derived from potato industry.
450 tree protectors per box depending on the total weight